12.25.2013

CHRISTMAS PUPPY CHOW RECIPE

Merry Christmas!! I hope you're having a wonderful morning with your family.

This year, I made a special Christmas treat that turned out super yummy (don't let the name fool you!) so I thought I would share the recipe with you!

Christmas Puppy Chow Recipe | hollywouldblvd.com

Holly's Christmas Puppy Chow
(makes 18 servings)

Ingredients:
9 cups Corn Chex cereal
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp pure vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 bag Christmas M & M's
gallon sized Ziplock bags

Directions:
Pour the cereal into a large bowl. Set aside. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter, stirring after every 30 seconds until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour over the cereal and gently stir until all the cereal pieces have been coated.

Transfer the cereal mix into a large food storage plastic bag (I used a 1 gallon sized bag). Carefully pour the powdered sugar into the bag. Seal the bag. Shake until all of the pieces are covered. Then add M & M's to your liking (I'm not sure exactly how much I added, just add until you see pretty red and green M & M's throughout the bag). 

Optional: Transfer to a new bag so that it looks nicer (the bag you used to mix everything up gets pretty messy looking). You can also add festive tags to the bag and give it as a gift!

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...