1.21.2014

EASY DECORATING TIP: RAISE THE CURTAINS!

I hope you guys are having a great week so far. I've been busy juggling what feels like a million things, one of which being decorating our new house (one of the most fun things on my to do list!). Today, I just wanted to share a super simple way to make your room look bigger and more elegant: raising the curtains up to the ceiling!

Below, you can see one set of curtains placed at the normal level (just above the window). I originally bought this set of curtains because they were the only length that I could find at Target and I just wanted to have it done. Plus I didn't really think having the taller curtains would make that much of a difference. Then I went online and saw that they had longer sizes (94") so I decided to put the shorter set in one of the guest rooms and put these longer ones in our living room. These are the curtains that we got. Hubbs raised up the curtain rods for me and...

EASY DECORATING TIP: RAISE THE CURTAINS!

...ta da! Doesn't it look so much better? It's such an easy change but makes a huge difference. I feel like our living room looks so much more, like, high end now. I love it! The living room is almost done, by the way. All that's left is side tables, hanging a gallery wall, and getting some more accessories and then I will be sharing a living room tour!

EASY DECORATING TIP: RAISE THE CURTAINS!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! We've been in our new place for six months and my curtains are still folded up on shelf... =( This makes me want to hang some up soon though!
    -Miranda
    www.mirandawritesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanging your curtains higher looks so much more beautiful, the difference is amazing! It so looks high end and fancy, I can't wait to see a tour of the room ♡

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...