I need a little boost in the morning and before workouts, but I don't really like plain hot coffee, and drinks like Redbull have a lot of sugar or artificial sweeteners. What I do love is iced coffee, but going to Starbucks for an iced coffee every morning can start to add up. I have seen some other homemade recipes, but they all had a lot of ingredients and I don't really want to be measuring a bunch of ingredients first thing in the morning.
Here is the easy way I make it at home:
1. Pour your hot coffee in the bottom of a glass. We have a Keurig coffee maker, so we have to put a certain amount of water in the machine to make it brew. Because of that, I usually just make half of a cup of coffee (I'm kind of a coffee lightweight haha) but you could just make really condensed coffee or get these packets. You want it to be condensed because the ice will dilute it.
2. Add ice cubes, one by one, to the glass and stir each time to keep them from sticking together.
3. Add a spoonful of sugar or sweetener. I use the all natural sweetener, Stevia but this is up to you!
4. Add 2 spoonfuls of your favorite creamer. I use fat free french vanilla creamer.
5. Add milk (I use almond milk) until it gets to the top of the glass. You're done!
I usually put mine in this travel container that I got for $1.00 at Walmart:
Why I love this iced coffee:
- it saves money
- it saves time
- drinking through a straw doesn't stain your teeth as much
- if you make it with natural sweetener and fat free milk and creamer, it's much healthier than from a restaurant
- it's so good! seriously.