8.20.2012

DIY OMBRE FAVOR BAGS


Everyone loves inexpensive party decorations, and if you're like me, you also really like ombre and dip dyed stuff. These favor bags are super budget friendly if you're throwing a party soon and I think they would look so great at a baby shower (you could do blue too!) or a bridal shower. Here's how I made them.

SUPPLIES:
- Muslin bags (you can find these at any craft store! Depending on how many you need, you can also buy them in bulk online).
- Fabric dye (super cheap - this is also at craft stores)
- Water

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Prepare the dye using the instructions on the box of whatever dye you choose.

2. There is more than one way to create the ombre effect. I dipped the bags half way in for about 5 minutes, and then a quarter of the way in for an extra 5-10 minutes. You could also do this in reverse. If you were creating a bunch of these, you could stand them all up half way, then pour out some of the water and stand them up with that amount.


3. Fill them with your favors!



I hope you enjoyed this easy DIY project, and that you find a use for it at your next party!




1 comment:

  1. I recently discovered David Jones bags on a random trip to Winners. I ended up buying not one but two! I think they are so beautiful and affordable. I love the quality and the colors. carrier bags

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...