4.17.2012

MY FAVORITE DECORATING BOOKS


Summertime is great for catching up on reading. If you're like me, you have a huge pile of unread magazines and books waiting for you when you get more time. If you're looking for some good books on decorating, I thought I would share my favorites. 

Now, you might be thinking "Why in the world would I look at a book when I can just go on Pinterest!?" Well, I love Pinterest as much as the next girl, but I tend to find it a little overwhelming sometimes! It's just idea/information overload on that site, and while that's great, sometimes I just enjoy a good old fashioned book a lot more.



I also find it fun to get out the little sticky tabs and highlighters and mark pages of projects I like or ideas to try. I heart school supplies. :)




Here is my list of favorites:
Domino: The Book of Decorating - beautiful illustrations and pictures, helpful tips
Design*Sponge at Home - awesome home tours and DIY projects
Found, Free and Flea - vintage greatness, will make you want to collect stuff
Lowe's Complete Home Decorating - all the info (less pretty/fun stuff, but very useful)
Romantic Prairie Style - drooled over this book! perfect for someone like me, who wants a farm-y, vintagey, country chic home someday




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...